Skip to Conference Audio
“Those who were scattered abroad, went about preaching the word” (Acts 8:4). Word-Centred Faith — the theme for the 2014 SETS Conference — extends beyond the place of Scripture in the life of the believer, to incorporating the whole body of communicating the gospel.
The conference will explore different aspects radiating out from ‘the Word’ as the centre, including revelation, interpretation discipleship, authority, world-view, apologetics and evangelism.
The Finlayson Lecture — to which members of the public are warmly invited on the Monday evening — will be delivered by Rev Dr Alistair Donald (Chaplain, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh). Alistair is well-known for his work at the interface of theology and science, and will address the theme of the Word in evangelism and apologetics.
Other speakers include:
- Rev Dr John Ferguson, minister of Kingsview APC, Inverness
- Rev Dr Andrew Goddard, associate director, Kirby Laing Institute for Christian Ethics, Cambridge
- Dr Jamie Grant, vice-principal, Highland Theological College, Dingwall
- Rev Vera Sinton, former director, Pastoral Studies, Wycliffe Hall, Oxford
- Rev Dr David Smith, urban mission theologian and missiologist
Date: 17-18 March, 2014
Venue: International Christian College, 110 St James Road, Glasgow G4 0PS
Generously provided by Seraph Media.
Monday, 17 March 2014
- John Ferguson, The Word as Lamp: a study in revelation (68Mb)
- Jamie Grant, The Word as Sceptre: a study in authority and worldview (75Mb)
- Vera Sinton, The Word as Seed: a study in new birth and discipleship (74Mb)
- Alistair Donald (Finlayson Lecture, 2014), The Word as Sword: a study in evangelism and apologetics (51Mb)
Tuesday, 18 March 2014
- Rose Dowsett,1 The Word as Spectacles: a study interpretation (70Mb)
- David Smith, The Word for the Whole World: a study in mission (48Mb)
1 Andrew Goddard was unable to attend due to ill health; we are grateful to Rose Dowsett for stepping in at late notice.